Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Poetry free verse

Now Quiet

Now quiet,
For there is no heart that beats but for fear.
In this room and up the stairs come those men with guns,
The children are frightened and so am I.

Together we leave forced by the solders onto the train,
We hope for nothing worse.

Now quiet,
For there is no mother that doesn’t cry,
For there is no father that doesn’t worry for his children.

Now quiet,
For there is no heart that beat but for fear.
We wait for those terrible men to come back.

When we arrive,
Others are there,
I hold the children close.

I can see them,
Row by row wearing the Star of David.
I can feel it, the hatred inside for those men.
Outside row by row wearing the Star of David.

Now quiet,
The men begin to shout,
Screaming in our ears,
Making our insides rattle.

Now quiet,
As we wear the Star of David.

4 comments:

S Kelly said...

very good:)
i got a little bit lost but defintely a strong worded poem.
:|

C Barker said...

Yeah, I agree with S Kelly. The poem was very strong and with definately tugg a heart string or two. This is obviously the point of veiw from a mother?

wookiee.x said...

good poem but i didnt really get what was happening...

T.M.C.S said...

OMG I LOVED IT EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T READ IT!!! I LOVE IT COZ YOU ROTE IT AND YOUR ONE OF MY BEST-FRIENDS!!!!!!